Marketing is constantly evolving with new technologies, new platforms, marketers exploring new ways to engage customers, etc. With this industry constantly evolving, it is important to keep up to date with marketing statistics. To understand where you should allocate your budget and time, or where to look for new opportunities. One way to do this is to look at the trending marketing stats from the year prior. From your go-to marketing initiatives to the new experiments you plan on testing, it is important to know where the growth is in the industry. Below we have put together a list of 52 marketing stats you need to know for 2023.
- 74% of online marketers said they have used visuals in their content more than 70% of the time.
- 43% of marketers say that the biggest challenge with visual content is producing it consistently.
- 45% of organizations don’t have a clearly defined digital marketing strategy.
- Marketing teams that document their strategy are over 300% more likely to succeed than those who do not.
- 34% of marketers create their own graphics.
- Articles with images get over 90% more views than blogs without images.
- 86% of marketers use blogging as part of their marketing strategy.
- Content marketing costs over 60% less than traditional marketing and can generate over 3x as many leads.
- 55% of marketers have blog content as a top priority.
- Almost 70% of all online experiences begin with a search engine.
- Over 70% of worldwide online traffic comes from Google.
- Video content is 50x more likely to drive organic traffic than plain text.
- The first 5 results on the first page of a Google search result accounts for over 60% of all clicks.
- Less than 1% of Google searchers will navigate to the second page.
- There are more than 79,000 searches on Google, per second.
- Including some form of customer testimonial on landing pages can increase conversions by over 30%.
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by over 85%.
- Landing pages with 3 form fields have the highest conversion rate.
- Only 22% of businesses are satisfied with their current conversion rates.
- Over half of the world is now active on various social media platforms.
- On average, users on social media spend over 2 hours a day on various social media platforms.
- 75% of marketers say that their social media efforts have resulted in an increase in traffic.
- 80% of marketers say they use visual content in their social media marketing efforts.
- Facebook has over 1.8 billion active daily users.
- The average US Facebook visitor spends approx. 38 minutes per day on Facebook.
- 85% of videos on Facebook are played without sound.
- Videos on Facebook are 5x more likely to be watched on a phone.
- Over 40% of Twitter users are active daily on the platform.
- 80% of active Twitter users access their feed on their phone.
- Over 70% of Twitter users feel more positively towards a brand after their tweet is answered.
- 61 million LinkedIn users are in senior-level positions and 40 million are in decision-making positions.
- Over 50% of LinkedIn traffic is mobile traffic.
- LinkedIn drives over half of its traffic to B2B websites and blogs.
- 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as their top place they find quality content.
- 40% of LinkedIn members visit their feed or profile daily.
- One billion hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day.
- YouTube is second only to Google as the most popular search engine.
- Youtube is the preferred source of video content for over 80% of global consumers.
- 70% of the total watch time on YouTube is mobile.
- Instagram has the second-highest ROI of all social channels for marketers.
- 84x more engagement than Twitter and 10x more than Facebook.
- Over 60% of adults between 18-29 use Instagram.
- There are over 1 billion active monthly users on Instagram.
- Photos with faces get an overage of 30% more engagement.
- Over 30% of marketers say that images are the most important form of content for their business.
- On average, posts that have a photo receive 650x the engagement over posts with only text.
- The human brain processes images 60,000x faster than text.
- When information is paired with an image, people retain over 60% of the information. Compared to only 10% when it is only text.
- By 2023 over 80% of the world’s internet traffic will be video.
- Product videos can increase sales by over 140%.
- Over 50% of consumers want to see more videos from brands that they follow.
- Over 80% of marketers use video as a content marketing tool.
This is a lot of information to take in at once. It is most important to take these stats in slowly and compare them to the stats you are currently using for reference. Look at your current SEO or Social media content and then compare these trending stats to what your current strategy is. Does your strategy follow the trending marketing stats? No? Then use these marketing stats to alter your current strategy and adjust according to what works best for you. Not every trending statistic is going to be applicable to you and your business, every business has channels that perform better for them depending on their industry, audience, etc. Using this data is a great way to plan for new marketing initiatives, where you should focus your research and where you can experiment in the future.